Saturday, July 14, 2012

His Own Man

Phil went with me to drop Hayden off at baseball practice last night.

I asked Hayden if he wanted to play football this year. He said he was still thinking about it. I told him I'd sign him up but only if he was 100 percent sure he would give it his all.

Hayden asked why Phil wasn't playing any sports yet.

I said I don't think we'd even be able to get Phil out on the field. He just doesn't seem to care. he's never once asked if he could play sports. (Not tangibly anyway.)

Then I asked Phil if he wanted to play any sports. I asked if he wanted to play football? "No." Soccer? "No." T-Ball? "I don't want to play anything!"

I told Hayden that Phil may look just like him when he was that age but he is his own person and just wants to do his own thing. And right now that thing is playing Lego's and living in his own little make-believe world.




No comments:

Post a Comment