Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Saturday Night

As John and I were getting ready to go to bed Saturday night, I could hear a certain little someone talking in his bed.

Naturally, I assumed he would quiet down and go to sleep so I got into my nice comfy bed and got all nice and toasty warm.

Still with the talking. So since I was nice and toasty warm, I sent John to go quiet the baby down. (OK the real reason is because if I go in there, Philip thinks he can get out of bed but when John goes in there, he'll usually go ahead and quiet down and go to sleep.) Whatever, I still didn't want to get out of bed.

Less than a minute later, John comes back, crawls into bed, and advises me that I need to go get my boy. He said Phil had taken all his clothes off and was sitting there naked.

I said there was no way that could have happened. The baby was exhausted so I just put him down in his clothes - sweat pants and a pull-over shirt - and there was no way he could have gotten his shirt off.

We argued about it for awhile (nice and toasty warm in bed!) but, finally, I got up and this is what greeted me when I looked in on him. . .

The first thing he said to me? "I'm nekked!"

I advised him next time to wait until AFTER he pees to take off the diaper. I was impressed that he managed to get his shirt off though.

Lucky me - I got to clean up and dress a baby AND change his sheets at nearly midnight.

Oh, Kid - The unedited picture will be around for me to show your future girlfriends. Consider it payback.

No comments:

Post a Comment