Monday, February 23, 2009

Don't Float Away!

The baby went to bed on time last night at 9 o'clock. Later I was in the bathroom huddled in front of the heater and sitting in front of the steamer trying to steam my clogged nasel passages open. It finally worked and I was heading to bed to try and get to sleep while I could still breathe. I went into the baby's room/closet to cover him with his blanket and, in the dar, I could see him just sitting there. Scared the crap out of me. He was so quiet, I thought he was asleep. Instead he was sitting there. Why? Because he and his bed were SOAKED! He likes to play with his, ummm, equipment, and so he had pushed his diaper down far enough that the diaper may as well have been off.

I had put him to bed in a 2-piece pajama set because that's all he had in his drawer. At 11:30, I dug a footie pj out of the clean laundry pile for him. It zips all the way from his knee to his neck and he doesn't yet know how to upzip it. Ha!

On the plus side, I got my day's allotment of smooches from the baby before I put him back to bed. He doesn't give them out much during the day, but 2 and a half hours after bedtime, he's all lovey.

No comments:

Post a Comment