Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Little Angel

I was holding my little baby last night and he dozed off to sleep. And I looked at him and just looked at his perfect little face with its perfect little nose and chin and lips and eyes. He truly is a beautiful baby. I was almost awestruck by this little guy. And then I got hit with a blast from the future and I could see myself as a grandmother and my little baby would have a baby of his own.

I hope he will take the time to look at his sleeping baby the way I saw him last night. And I hope he will be awestruck by her as well.



And, I hope, I truly hope, that when he looks at his beautiful little baby who just dozed off in his arms it is in the middle of the gazillionth night in a row that she has woken up 2 or 3 times a night thereby keeping him from getting a decent night of sleep - ever. And, I hope he remembers his mother's (that would be me) words of wisdom, "Someday I hope you will have a child of your own and I hope she will be JUST LIKE YOU!"

Then I hope my baby will call his mother (again, me) the next morning just to say, "I'm sorry for all those sleepless nights and I understand now how you felt."

To which I will reply, "Do not call here before 10am again. I am still trying to catch up on the sleep you refused to let me have when you were a baby!"

No comments:

Post a Comment